Great Give 2018 Rules
- Online gifts can be made by credit or debit card through FSU’s Great Give website, sparkFSU, any FSU college/unit online giving form, or payroll deduction form between Thursday, March 22, at 9 a.m. EDT and Friday, March 23, at 9 p.m. EDT. The official payroll deduction form must be submitted by 9 p.m. on March 23 for your pledge to be included in the FSU’s Great Give total. Payroll deductions must be scheduled to begin by April 5.
- Gifts not made online, such as those made via phone, will be included in the final, validated FSU’s Great Give totals if the donor indicates their gift is for the FSU’s Great Give and it is received before 4 p.m. on March 23. We also accept gifts made via check, and all checks must be received by 2 p.m. on March 23.
- All gifts made through FSU’s Great Give website, sparkFSU or any FSU college/unit online giving form are eligible to receive incentive awards.
- Incentive awards will be given based on specific criteria, please see the Incentives page for more information. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to the same college, program or project during an incentive-eligible timeframe will only count as one gift toward winning that incentive award. Donors using multiple credit cards in an attempt to increase the number of gifts during an incentive timeframe will be disqualified from that incentive award.
- Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple colleges, programs and projects. All gifts made to each individual college or program will be counted in the final tally. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to different colleges, programs, or projects during an incentive-eligible timeframe will count separately.
- The FSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and gifts made to it are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. View the FSU Foundation's Nonprofit Disclosures and please check with your tax adviser.
- Money raised through FSU’s Great Give will be used to support the projects listed on our featured Projects page, on sparkFSU, or to a specific fund should a donor indicate this preference.
- Only charitable gifts to Florida State University through the FSU Foundation, Seminole Boosters, FSU Alumni Association and The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art are accepted during FSU’s Great Give. Memberships to any of these organizations are not counted towards the FSU’s Great Give total.
- Gifts made to pay an existing pledge will count in FSU’s Great Give final total and qualify for incentive awards.
- The FSU Foundation does not accept gifts made through PayPal.
- Pledges made via payroll deduction by Florida State University employees and Florida State University Foundation employees during the campaign, and gifts fulfilled by December 31, 2018, will be included in the final validated total.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT is FSU’s Great Give?
FSU’s Great Give is a 36-hour online giving campaign that provides an opportunity for Florida State supporters to make gifts toward academic programs, scholarships and student activities.
HOW do I make a gift?
We accept online gifts via FSU’s Great Give, sparkFSU, the FSU Foundation or any FSU college or unit online giving form. Gifts not made online, such as those made via phone, check or payroll deduction, will be included in the final, validated FSU’s Great Give total if the donor indicates that their gift is for the FSU’s Great Give and it is received before 9 p.m. on March 23. There is no minimum or maximum gift. The FSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and gifts made to it are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law.
HOW does it work?
Many colleges and units have provided specific projects that need your support. Please visit the Projects page for more information. Any college or program that is not listed on this page may be located by visiting our online giving page and selecting the “More Designations” link in the grey text box.
WHERE is FSU’s Great Give taking place?
FSU’s Great Give is a virtual event that takes place via your computer, smartphone or tablet. Within the timeframe of the event, credit card and debit card donations can be made at your convenience via FSU’s Great Give online. Colleges and units will be posting social media updates throughout the duration of FSU’s Great Give. You can read and share news as they are posted on our Facebook and Twitter sites.
WHEN will FSU’s Great Give occur?
FSU’s Great Give will be held during a 36-hour period, starting at 9 a.m. EDT on Thursday, March 22, and ending at 9 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 23.
WHO can participate?
This event is open to students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends of Florida State University.
WHY support FSU’s Great Give?
FSU’s Great Give is a campaign unique to Florida State University. Our goal is to make philanthropy accessible, fun and easy for the Florida State community. Other organizations and communities have held similar events with much success, sometimes raising as much as $1 million.
HOW will incentives be awarded?
Incentives will be granted based on each award’s specific criteria. More information will be posted on the Incentives page prior to FSU’s Great Give. The University’s Greatest Need Fund is not eligible for incentive awards.
WHEN will incentive winners be announced?
Incentive award winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 28 at 5 p.m. EDT. A complete list of the incentive recipients will be listed on the Incentives page as well as on FSU’s Great Give Facebook and Twitter pages.